Monday, February 25, 2013

In the beginning...
I think it all started with empty nest syndrome. My two oldest decided it was time for them to venture out of the nest...which left me with one. Soon after that I started getting the doggie bug, I guess, as a way to fill the nest back up...who knows. Anyhoo, I started looking on Petfinder, Craigslist and the want ads every night, like some obsessive, crazed, maniac woman. I knew my husband was NOT on board for this, so I was sneaking when I was looking for pups. He eventually noticed and said there was NO WAY we were bringing a dog in the house, that we already had a cat. Eventually, I got in touch with my inner rebel and brought one home anyway, after a weekend visit to +Petsmart, without him. He was MAD! Luckily for me, I guess... there was something wrong with the dog and I had to take it back. I sulked for awhile, and tried to put it behind me. But, eventually my OCD'ness took over and once again, I was perusing the internet, like a maniac. The whole time, he was trying to sway me with logic, "Jules, you know we really don't need the added expense of a dog. He will need, food, shots, flea prevention, neuter, blah, blah, blah." All I knew was I wanted a dog. He said, we werent spending money on one. And that was that.

No comments:

Post a Comment