Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I  quickly realized I needed to change strategies. My newest was to show him every cute dog on Petfinder and Craigslist that I could find. I would spend hours on there and fell in love with every dog I saw. I soon found out this strategy seems to have had more effect on me, than him.... Nada. I just started praying, "Lord change his mind".
In the mean time I had started going through our local want ads and found an adorable pup on there. It had the cutest little brown nose, and the sweetest little face... but it was a Chihuahua. I was NEVER a fan. They were mean...plus my brother had a chihuahua, which was horrid...sorry Chris. Will add she was cute...but, don't let that innocent face suck you in... It was like she was hatched straight from the pits of hell. She was about as friendly as a rattlesnake. I renamed her "El Diablo". If you are rusty on your spanish, that means the devil... which fit her perfectly.
Back to the classified ad. This is what I saw.  I kinda fell in love. He WAS a Chihuahua, but dang it....he was irresistible.  He was $250. That would be a problem. Hubby had already stated he didn't want to spend money on a dog. So I quickly stated scheming again. And....I got it. You see, I had a stroke of luck back in the fall and had won an entire Wii gaming system, game and fitness board. It retailed for....you guessed it, $250 dollars. I didn't use it. It was close to Christmas. I thought hmmmm....maybe the seller would consider a barter? I fired out an email....no response. In the meantime I had told the hubster about it. He said, "Jules, thats dumb, no one is gonna do that". Then, he throws me a bone, and tells me, he had prayed about it. He asked the Lord to send me a dog if it was meant to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment